Wow! I am about to wrap up my second day in Argentina for study abroad. It is incredible how much information I have already soaked in and how much of a change I feel inside me. It sounds bizarre- I know- but, this has been the most incredible two days of my life. I have never been outside of the states in my life and while I thought that I knew quite a lot of Spanish, which I would still say that I do, just transplanting myself out of the U.S. culture has done so much for me... and not only with learning a foreign language.
I can't tell you where we were (although I might be able to take you there if we were in Cordoba), but today myself and a group of other students along with our trip coordinator found ourselves taking an impromptu tour of a prison camp for lack of a better word from back around the revolution here. I was literally moved to tears as a former prisoner, our guide, showed us around the camp which has been resurrected as a museum to remember what had occurred there.
As we walked down the street that lead to the museum, there were hundreds of flags hanging above across the buildings with people that had either been found dead or were missing from the time which I was surprised to find out was less than 50 years ago. WHAT?! It was a truly moving story and his willingness to take time out for us and his amazing sense of perseverance after what happened to him is a testament to the people in this city. They are fantastic to say the least... not one rude look or comment and in my mind I have probably done or said something stupid enough to warrant either of the two.
It might be that I am currently in the enamored stage of culture shock, I don't know, I just know that I can already tell you this is going to be real. This is going to be life changing. This is going to set the course for my future, which will hopefully be incredible... just like these past two days.
P.S. I don't know how much I will be discussing PR related things, especially the business side of it all the next couple months (social media etc.). I just want to take my time here and soak in the culture and let my experiences shape me. PR out of context you can totally expect, though. Do be expecting many more posts about this trip. CIAO amigos!!
I can't tell you where we were (although I might be able to take you there if we were in Cordoba), but today myself and a group of other students along with our trip coordinator found ourselves taking an impromptu tour of a prison camp for lack of a better word from back around the revolution here. I was literally moved to tears as a former prisoner, our guide, showed us around the camp which has been resurrected as a museum to remember what had occurred there.
As we walked down the street that lead to the museum, there were hundreds of flags hanging above across the buildings with people that had either been found dead or were missing from the time which I was surprised to find out was less than 50 years ago. WHAT?! It was a truly moving story and his willingness to take time out for us and his amazing sense of perseverance after what happened to him is a testament to the people in this city. They are fantastic to say the least... not one rude look or comment and in my mind I have probably done or said something stupid enough to warrant either of the two.
It might be that I am currently in the enamored stage of culture shock, I don't know, I just know that I can already tell you this is going to be real. This is going to be life changing. This is going to set the course for my future, which will hopefully be incredible... just like these past two days.
P.S. I don't know how much I will be discussing PR related things, especially the business side of it all the next couple months (social media etc.). I just want to take my time here and soak in the culture and let my experiences shape me. PR out of context you can totally expect, though. Do be expecting many more posts about this trip. CIAO amigos!!
Muy Bien Benajamin! Estoy muy felice para ti!! Espero que yo estoy con tigo pero pienso que tus "blogs" son increible :) Ten cuido mi amor!~Lindsay K.
ReplyDelete